Positive Thinking Day (PTD) is dedicated to looking at the glass as half full and setting aside all negative thoughts. After all, nobody wants to spend time with a person who is always negative and pessimistic.
Sometimes, the events and stresses of the day get us down and fill us with negative thoughts. But these negative thoughts can do more harm than good. They drain your energy and actually create more stress. This holiday encourages us to think positively when facing a difficult life situation. Positive thinking has been shown to reduce stress and the risk of heart diseases, lower depression and increase life span.
Celebrate this day by:
- Think positively!!!!
- Take part in a positive thinking seminar.
- Make a conscious decision not to put yourself down every time you do something wrong.
- Laughter can reduce stress and decrease the urge to think negatively. So laugh as much as you can! Remember, laughter is the best medicine!
- Exercise. Physical exercise can help lift your mood and promotes positive thinking.
- Do a good deed for yourself or for a stranger which will increase your optimism.
These fun facts are courtesy of https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/positive-thinking-day