Wednesday, July 11th is Cheer Up The Lonely Day
Here is your chance to make someone who is lonely smile. The purpose of this Holiday is to make people aware of the problem of being lonely and how you can help by sharing some of your time to bring happiness to someone who is lonely.
How to Celebrate this Holiday:
- This is one holiday that is easy to celebrate. All you need to do is make someone feel loved. If you know someone who could use your company, spend some time with them, make them their favorite meal, give them some encouragement, and let them know that you enjoy your time with them.
- If the person lives far away, send them a note to tell them that you miss them and that you think about them. Or what about sending them a little gift – perhaps their favorite candy or a bunch of flowers?
- Volunteer your time to work with the elderly in a nursing home – not only will you be bringing cheer in their lives, you may get to hear some amazing stories about their past.
- Learn more about the connection between mental health and loneliness and what you can do to ward off loneliness in your life and in the lives of others.
- Invite someone who has just moved to your town for coffee and cake and get to know them better.
Text taken from https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/cheer-up-the-lonely-day.